Great Falls Middle School Dress Code
In an effort to have a school environment that is safe, orderly, and conducive to learning, the following dress code will be enforced:
1. All clothing must be size appropriate (not too large or not too small or too tight).
2. All pants, shorts, capris (females only), skirts (females only), and skorts (females only) should be khaki or black in color. Fabric should be cotton, cotton twill, or cotton-polyester blend; no denims and no stretch material. Shorts, skirts, and skorts must be worn no shorter than four inches above the knee. Pants, shorts, capris, skirts, and skorts must be worn at the waist at all times. Sagging is not permitted. Sagging is defined as wearing the pants below the waistline.
3. All shirts should be solid red (no burgundy or pink), white, or black in color and must have a collar (golf type or oxford button-down type). Shirts may be long or short sleeved; however, sleeveless shirts are not permitted. All shirts must be long enough to stay tucked in pants/capris/shorts/skirts/skorts. Bare midriffs are not allowed.
4. Clothing should be worn with appropriate undergarments, and undergarments should not be visible.
5. All students must wear shoes that have primarily solid-colored uppers. Shoes designed to be tied or buckled must be tied or buckled. For Safety reasons, students are not allowed to wear shower shoes, bedroom shoes, flip-flops, or slides. Sandals must have an ankle strap at the back and must be fastened.
6. Sweatshirts, sweaters, pullovers, coats, and jackets that are free of depictions of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, racial slurs/epithets, sex, violence, or inappropriate language may be worn over collared shirts.
7. Hats may be worn outside the building; however, the front portion of the cap (bill) must face forward directly over the student’s face. They may not be worn backwards or to the side.
8. Bandannas, sweatbands, stocking caps, and do-rags are not permitted at school.
9. Belts must be worn with belt loops. Belt loops cannot be cut off to prevent the wearing of belts.
10. Belts must be buckled, sashes tied, and buttons buttoned, except at the neck.
NOTE: Students dressed inappropriately and/or not conforming to the dress code will be sent to the office. Parents will be notified to bring the student a change of clothes or pick up the child from school (unexcused absence). Students will be placed in In-School Suspension (ISS) until proper clothing arrives. Excessive dress code violations could result in In-School Suspension and/or Out-of-School Suspension. The principal may waive any of these rules on special days declaring special rules for that day.